Mental health plays an important part in our day to day lives. Having a cruel mental health day can damage your day. We have all had them before, and we can all get through them.
Being so sad that you don’t want to do anything, Being so angry you can’t talk to anyone without yelling, the overall feeling that something bad is going to happen, Overthinking anything from the past that you have no control over, Spending too much time on one thing until it is perfect, and the list goes on. I know what it feels like, we all do.
Fact: 1 in 4 people suffer from mental illness.
I am writing this blog post with a few things you can do to pull yourself out of those harsh mental health days. WE CAN GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER!
· Journal or write about your feelings: This helps me when I feel sad or mad about something, and don’t feel like talking to anyone.
· Exercise: This helps me when I am having a depressed day and don’t feel like doing anything, if I get myself up and workout it helps me clear my mind from that negativity.
· Color or Draw: This helps take my mind off things that have happened in the past, and problems I have no control over.
· Listen to some good music: Im sorry but listening to music helps everyone!
· Practice mindfulness: Taking deep breaths and telling yourself it’s going to be okay can help.
· Talk to someone you trust: I always talk to my sister or mom about what im feeling. Telling someone what your feeling could help you by 1- letting everything out, and 2- They could have a solution to your issue.
· Hangout with friends or family: Again, this can help take your mind off things, and realize that everything is okay your family and friends love you.
· Go outside feel the fresh air: Being stuck inside all day can have an effect on your mental health, GO OUTSIDE feel the fresh air!!!
Check out this article on Mental health and the LGBT+ community!